- Design and Development – Having both industrial and product design capabilities to offer gives the assurance that where appropriate designs meet both functional and aesthetic objectives. This is underpinned by recognised methodologies such as Lean Design, Design for Manufacture (DFM), and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), which are deployed in a structured and documented process. Key gateways are agreed prior to commencing work, to ensure the client is involved at critical points to approve work completed and the upcoming phase of work prior to the next gateway.
- Designs are created with the assistance of 3D SolidWorks software.
- These are some of the development activities CVB Technical Solutions provide which can be part of an iterative design and development process or engaged with in isolation:
- Compliance engineering: Including EMC / Low Voltage Directive / Ingress Protection.
- Cost analysis and Value Engineering.
- Prototyping and testing: Making and testing engineering prototypes for performance and compliance, manufacturing prototypes to test the proposed manufacturing system.
- Supply chain assessment and optimisation using lean principles: vendor and manufacturer selection.
- Technical Authorship: Documentation (Manufacturing / servicing / Operation).
- Design For Manufacture (DFM) – Although this is ideally already imbedded in any new design, existing designs can be reviewed and where possible enhanced.
- Design reviews to assess quality issues / functionality / performance / serviceability / identification of suitable manufacturing partners.
- Associated services are available which are particularly suitable to smaller companies who do not have in house support, or to larger companies with workloads unable to be met by their own staff include:
- Advice / consultation on most technical aspects.
- Change management – Assessment of existing designs, products or manufacturing set ups and carrying out any subsequent changes in a controlled manner.
- Process analysis and assessment (this can be a manufacturing or business process). Based on lean principles, and compliance to ISO 9000.
- Project management (based on Prince 2 methodology).
- Manufacturing improvement (lean, low volume manufacturing a speciality).
- Business / Product Strategy.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Documentation (in accordance with ISO Standards) to support the complete manufacturing process.
Through associated companies we are able to offer:
- Sheet metal: CNC laser cutting and punching, shearing, CNC Bending, TIG/Spot welding and powder painting. Our manufacturing resource is extremely competitive in both small and medium batch sizes. Materials include sheet steel, stainless steel and aluminium.
- General Fabrication and Welding: Welding and fabrication in heavier section materials. Single piece manufacture and short lead times are our strengths.
- Turnkey solutions for digital signage and display solutions to the Out of Home, Retail and transport sectors.
- Manufacturing tooling: Jigs and fixtures for assembly, lifting, testing, welding and fabrication, lean manufacturing enhancement.
- Manual Assembly (low volume).
Furthermore from previous projects we have experience of the following:
- GRP – Pattern and mould making, casting, fire retardant GRP and special gel coat finishes.
- Electrical: Assembly, point to point wiring, harness manufacture, testing.
- Solid surfaces: Corian and LG Hi-Macs – Pattern manufacture, forming and joining
- Pipe bending: Mandrel and empty bending of copper and steel pipe up to 75mm diameter
- Vacuum formed plastics: low volume manufacture of various components from LCD screen bezels to axial fan housings.